May 16, 2018
Ants are invading homes all over east Tennessee right now because it’s warming up. Many ants as well as other pests become active searching of mates, food, and new shelter this time of the year. That’s why it’s important to treat for ant problems as soon as possible. Ants are comparatively small to most pests, and without the help of an expert, proper exclusion can be a challenge to say the least.
They’re extremely frustrating to get rid of once they have entered your home. Trust us, we have tested about every DIY home remedy, old wives’ tale, and store products to see how they compares to professional pest service, and we have noticed ants simply moved across other areas in your home and avoided treated areas.
Here are some tried and true methods for controlling (not treating) ants:
- Keep food in sealed containers.
- Clean common spaces where food or drink are consumed.
- Keep any trash cans covered with a lids.
- Close doors and windows.
- Install weather sills and weather stripping on doors and windows.
- Dry up any spills or moisture (especially of sweetened drinks!).
Here’s why Pest-Ops is a good choice:
- We‘re one of the only local pest service companies in our area with an entomologist on staff.
- Along with traditional methods we make use of environmentally friendly pest preventions to protect your family.
- We’ve been in business for over 22 years!
- We are a local East Tennessee company, so we understand our area and specific issues we have.
Pest-Ops, LLC offers free pest inspections, so call us at (865) 966-0750 or contact us here, if you’re having issues and we can help find the best solution for you. Find our current coupons and specials here.